5-10 minute free and on-the-go activities!
Throughout the Summer, we invite you to discover Argentina’s uniqueness with free weekly activities.
How is it done?
You read a text and learn fun facts about Argentina, then you may record your reflections on a couple of short questions and get feedback on your answers. You will love the interaction with our instructors and the freedom to do it at your own pace and from any device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.).
The Platform: VoiceThread
VoiceThread is a simple learning tool that encourages you to talk, listen and interact with the content. It allows you to record either video or audio comments, and then seeing the instructor’s personalized feedback as it pops up right on the same page. Every week we will share a link so you can work on a specific Brush Up Activity… and be amazed by Argentina’s diverse culture.
Please note that you will need to create an account to login to www.voicethread.com. This is a very easy-to-follow and free process.
- Fun Fact #1 START NOW… CLICK HERE
- Fun Fact #2 START NOW… CLICK HERE
- Fun Fact #3 START NOW… CLICK HERE
- Fun Fact #4 START NOW… CLICK HERE
- Fun Fact #5 START NOW… CLICK HERE
- Fun Fact #6 START NOW… CLICK HERE
- Communication based language learning helps you learn by doing and actively engaging with the language and culture
- Small group classes ensure personalized attention and offer a lot of opportunities to practice
- Cross cultural reflections and Interesting and fun facts about the Argentine variation of the language (we don’t expect students to adopt Argentinisms, unless they are interested in doing so)
- Focus on the cultural aspects that make Argentina such a unique place
- Spanish classes for all levels
- Work with exceptional Spanish instructors from Argentina
Sign-in today for top virtual Spanish classes!
Once a week for 1 hour
This course corresponds to an elementary Spanish instruction in language and culture. Develop your overall language proficiency as well as the ability to understand, reflect, and analyze social and cultural aspects of the Argentine society.
By the end of this course, you will be able to…
- communicate and exchange information about familiar topics using phrases and simple sentences
- handle, with some difficulty, short social interactions in everyday situations
- compare and contrast cultural similarities and differences between Argentina and the USA
Class size: 8 to 12
Once a week for 1 hour
This course corresponds to an intermediate Argentine Spanish instruction in language and culture. Develop your overall language proficiency as well as the ability to understand, reflect, and analyze social and cultural aspects of the Argentine society, and to relate them to the US society and culture.
At the end of this course, you will be able to…
- participate in conversations on familiar topics using sentences and series of sentences
- handle short social interactions in everyday situations
handle short social interactions in everyday situations by asking and answering a variety of questions
- understand the main idea in conversations that I overhear
- compare and contrast the social make-up of Argentina and the USA
Class size: 8 to 12
8 weeks, lessons of 1 hour per week
This course offers Spanish communication skills for employers and employees, so they can communicate better with Hispanic employees. To develop an impactful curriculum, our Spanish language instructor visited restaurants to learn what phrases might be most useful to improve communication between an English-speaking front-of-house and a predominantly Spanish-speaking back-of-house.
Some course content example:
- General conversation skills to build rapport with employees and team
- Common food preparation tools and daily tasks
- Cleaning instructions
- Quick commands for common tasks
- Food, kitchen Vocabulary
- Workplace safety
- No previous Spanish knowledge is necessary
Minimum class size: 8
Ana Levenson is an Assistant Teaching Professor of Spanish at Georgetown University, where she has taught thousands of students since joining the Georgetown faculty in 1999.
Ana is from Santa Fe, Argentina.
Carola Goldenberg currently teaches and coordinates Intensive Elementary Spanish and Intermediate Spanish II at George Washington University. She has co-authored the 4th edition of Gente, a task-based elementary to intermediate level Spanish textbook.
Carola is from Chaco, Argentina.
- Annual membership to CEDA is required of all students
- No refund or credits on cancellations
- Payment must be received in full before the sessions start
- Students will receive a Zoom invitation from the teachers
- Rescheduling a class is not possible, teachers will provide class material
- All the proceeds from the classes go directly to projects that CEDA supports in Argentina
- Spanish Director: Carola Goldenberg (email@example.com)